Home‎ > ‎

The Sanctuary

 
Renovation to the Sanctuary

1997 – 1998

 

Redevelopment Committee:
 
Chair: Ed C. Nicholson

 

Lorraine Beattie
Catherine Sage-Dunlop
Bruce Green
David Jamiesom
Doreen Muirhead
Keith Tippin
Jeannie Cook
Barbara Downie
Larry Hogarth
Bob Mayberry
Dorothy Nicholson
Rev. Gordon Hume
Architect, Davenport Architectural Corp.
 
A Time Capsule was placed above the plaque.   

 

This is the view from the balcony down to the pulpit and the choir loft.

 

The sanctuary is beautifully designed and decorated with calm and inviting colors. 

 

The pulpit can be transformed into a stage to allow for pageants, musicals, speakers or shows. 

 

With the excellent acoustics of the Sanctuary and the sound system within the Church, voices are carried throughout the entire sanctuary.

 
 
 

The Plaque dedicating the sound system:

"To the Glory of God and in loving memory of those from this congregation who gave their lives in the sacred cause of freedom and to honour those who served in the armed forces, we gratefully dedicate the system of amplification for music installed in this Church 1914 -1918  1939 – 1945

“At the going down of the sun

and in the morning

we will remember them”

 
 
The view from the pulpit to the congregation – there is a place for everyone to feel comfortable.  The balcony wraps around and part way up the sides of the Sanctuary.  Stairs to the balcony are located on either side of the front doors.
 
 
 
  
 
 
 

 

Dedicated to the Glory of God and in loving memory of those who served in World Wars  one and two..   

This organ rebuilt by trinity congregation in 1965.  Replaces and includes the original organ which was made possible by the gifts of Harry and Fred White and given in memory of their parents Mr. & Mrs. W. H. White

The chimes were installed by Capt. And Mrs. F. A. Bassett.

The still Gedeckt 8 ft stop and the great to pedal super coupler in the pedal department of this organ is herewith placed and dedicated to the Glory of God and in loving memory of the untiring and devoted multitude who served this church in the ministry of music from 1853 to 1953 by the present choir of Trinity United Church, October 30 1955.

 
 
 
 

This Sanctuary Cross is dedicated to the Glory of God and in memory of loved ones, 

who, through the years have worshiped and given of their time and talents to the

cause of Christ.   March 23rd 1975

Mary and Archie Gibson

Built by Basil Brock