Our Congregation‎ > ‎

Memorials and Gifts

The congregation is indeed, grateful for these and any other gifts which have been given in memory of faithful members.  Many bequests and gifts of money have also been received.
 
The following gifts and memorials have been presented to the Church: 
  • a baptismal font in 1925 by the Ladies' Aid in memory of those who served in World War I.
  • a bronze plaque in 1923 in memory of Mrs. William Williams, 38 years as treasurer of the Ladies' Aid by her daughter Mrs. Jessie Williams Young.
  • an inscribed pulpit Bible and Hymn Book, in 1927, in memory of the late Wm. Williams, B.A., and Mrs. Williams by their daughter, Mrs. Jessie Williams Young.
  • a plaque, on the occassion of the installation of the present organ in memory of Mr. & Mrs. W. H. White whose sons, Harry and Fred of Chicago were generous contributors to this fund.
  • the chimes for the organ by Capt. and Mrs. F. A. Bassett.
  • chimes were placed in the Church Tower in memory of those who gave their lives or served in the armed forces during both World Wars, by the congregation.
  • a pulpit lamp, in 1953, in memory of Mrs. F. E. Comley by her husband and daughter Mrs. Margaret Robson.
  • a picture, in 1953, by the pupils of the Junior Department of Sunday School in memory of Donna Protheroe.
  • a communion  table, in 1953, in memory of former members by the Women's Association.\a gold trimmed table runner and Latin Cross in 1953, by Dr. R. E. Robertson.
  • the desk in the vestry by Wm. P. Dey and son in memory of his wife, 1958.
  • the Sanctuary Cross and drapes for the organ screen, in 1975, by Archie and Mary Gibson.
  • 200 Hymn Books in memory of the members who had passed on, in 1972.
  • Communion Chalice in memory of Mr. & Mrs. H. E. Prentice, by their daughter Mrs. Florence Scrannage.
  • a painting, The Head of Christ, in memory of F. E. Courtice and D'Alton Hughes, by the Rev. & Mrs. J. E. Hunter.
  • the protrait of the Rev. Edward Swallows.
  • the clock in the Banquet Hall in memory of Alex Seiggel, by members of his family.
  • Communion cloth, by Mr. & Mrs. Basil Brock.
  • books in the library.
  • Tower Chimes in memory of Mr. & Mrs. Arthur Bull, in 1977, by their son Mr. Ron Bull and their daughter Mrs. Shirley Clancy.
  • pulpit antependium, by the Boy Scouts.
  • the flags were a gift of Miss Pearl Whitesell in 1967.
 
The following memorial stained glass windows have been donated:
 
  • a stained glass window in 1952, in memory of Mr. A. B. Spencer, a former local preacher and Sunday School Superintendent - by his sons Mr. Lyn B. Spencer, Q.C., and Rev. Robert Spencer.
  • in memory of Mr. & Mrs. John Atkins in 1957, by their family.
  • in memory of Mr. & Mrs. Bert Bellinger in 1960, by their family.
  • in memory of Mr. & Mrs. W. G. Smart in 1964, by their family.
  • in 1965, by the choir.
  • in memory of the United Church Women who served in the Church well, in 1970, by the U.C.W.
  • in memory of the Rev. Edward Swallows, by the church members, in 1976
  • in memory of William E. Clark by his wife, Claire, in 2003.
Comments