We’re so glad you’re thinking of coming to Trinity United Church. We are a welcoming community and understand that it can be a challenge walking into a church for the first time. To help ease any worries, we’ve put together some quick points about what you can expect on a typical Sunday morning.
What is Trinity United Church all about?
Getting to Trinity United Church
- We are located close to downtown Collingwood Map / Directions
- Parking is available in our rear parking lot located off of Beech Street, or along the side of Maple Street. There is a ramp at the Maple Street entrance.
Once you’re in the doors, what do you do now?
- Once inside the church you can hang your coat up or keep it with you. It’s up to you.
- A program (bulletin) is available that tells you what will be happening during the service and it will also be up on the screen.
- Hearing devices are available for use.
- The service starts at 10:30 a.m. You are welcome to sit anywhere in the church.
- The hour long service is a mixture of traditional and contemporary hymns (which are displayed on the screen), prayers and reflection for the children, offering, bible reading, and a message (sermon).
- During a service there’s some standing for hymns and prayers. If you’re unsure what to do, just watch the choir on the stage and follow their lead. If you have mobility challenges it’s perfectly fine to stay seated.
There is no dress code!
- People dress in everything from jeans to dresses/suits. We want you to be comfortable and feel welcome.
Following the service, coffee and visiting
After the service, we invite you to join us for refreshments in the Hall. We serve tea, coffee, juice, and goodies. There is no fee for this.
- On your way out, please take a moment to say hello to Rev. Brian. We know he would like to meet you.
If you would like further information about the church, you can find a variety of pamphlets in the pews or on the Welcome Table in the Lobby.
Remember that everyone around you was new at one time!! Just come and enjoy the experience and we hope you will return again.