Additional Information From Outreach - Christmas Gift Program
Can it be that time already? We are holding our annual Christmas Gift Bag program again this season with winter approaching soon. Please bring all donations in by Sunday, Dec 3/23. If you have a submission later than Dec 3rd, we can take your gift over closer to Christmas as well.
We are gathering gifts for infants and teens at Family Connexions again this year. There are several ways to help. You can shop and put all items in your own gift bag. See all the options below. Or, you might consider providing a cheque through our White Gift Program instead of a Christmas Gift Bag. All the cheques and gifts go to the same place – Simcoe Muskoka Family Connexions and will help families in our local area.
Here are some options::
- White gift donation – Write a cheque payable to “Simcoe Muskoka Family Connexions” and put it in your own envelope. Make sure your name and address are on the cheque or on the envelope. This will determine who gets the income tax receipts. Place it under the White Gift Tree at the church or drop it off at the church. There is also a secure mailbox on Maple Street near the entrance to Hunter Hall you can use as well.
- Christmas Gift Bag donation – Buy your own bag or use one you have and fill it up! See the guidelines below to help you. These are the same as last year. If desired, complete the Tax Receipt Request form (attached) and put it in an envelope (with your receipts) in your bag. Drop it off at the church by calling Lori or bring it on a Sunday. Please do not tape your bag or box shut or wrap items as they need to be reviewed by the staff at Family Connexions.
If your bag is for a teenager, you can include any of the following:
· Personal beauty aids such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotions (Unscented products if possible)
· Toothbrushes, toothpaste, nail polish, hair brushes, hair elastics
· Warm mitts, gloves, hats, headbands, scarves, socks, pajamas
· School supplies (post it notes, highlighters, pens with different coloured ink, pencils, tape, lined binder paper…)
· Movie passes, gift certificates for local retailers, restaurant coupons, games.
If your bag is for an infant, you can include any of the following:
· Blankets, clothes, snow suits, bibs, hats, mitts, wash cloths and towels
· Formula, pabulum, infant baby food
- Small board books (Goodnight Moon, Brown Bear…), developmental toys (infant links, stacking cups, shape sorters, activity centres, quality rattles, teething rings, bath toys, musical plastic toys).
- The Mitten Tree: Mittens/scarves/hats donations – Kids always need new warm mittens, scarves and hats. Put any of these items in a bag and complete the Tax Receipt Request form (if desired). Put the form in an envelope with your receipts and add this to your bag. Drop it off at the church or bring it on Sunday.
Thank you again for making Christmas just a little bit more special for infants and teens with Family Connexions in Collingwood
See downloaded document.